07 January 2011

The Winter Ritual


It's that time of year again, folks.



No, not that. I'm talking about a more intellectual activity.



No, I mean, one that can actually be achieved by human beings. Normal ones.



Yes, you've got it now, I'm applying to grad school. Again. They say third time's a charm, right. Well, whoever said that had better be correct, or I'm going to hunt them down and take out my frustrations. And not in a leather and feather kind of way.



Many of you (ok, there aren't actually many of you reading this, but of those - ) many of my friends helped me decide which poems to submit for my grad school application last winter. I appreciate your help, readers of great, and otherwise, literature. I'll be applying again over the next few weeks. I'm not asking any favors of you this time, other than just send out good vibes, prayers, wishes, hopeful thoughts and the like in the direction of grad schools all over the southeast region. I probably won't post again until I've gotten the applications completed, so if you don't hear from me, don't worry - it won't be another six years. If any of you - if all four of you reading this - care to see what I'm submitting, comment or send me an email and I'll send you the verses that will, byallthingsholy, convince some higher authority-



no, I mean these guys-



to allow me to pursue my education and career. Ok, to pursue my dream.


And hey, if it turns out 2011 isn't my year to wallow in letters and fill my mouth and mind with the mellifluous music of professors of creative writing, well, I'll just keep scratching in the attic of ink and fibers, and try again in 2012.



A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman.
~Wallace Stevens