03 January 2011

Beneath the Winter Moon
I Do Return Again



It's strange to see I haven't posted a blog in six years. All those social internet-community websites took up the space in my brain and time at hand (which wasn't much to begin with), and life changed so drastically that blogging just halted.
I'd like to it to begin again. I'd like to start it over, in fact.



Except, I just read my initial post on this blog, my intentions for it, and I'm rather pleased to see that I still agree with my self - I continue to want this to be a refuge of light, a source of beauty, a good place to go to find something comical, a whimsical world where anything might happen; in short, an inspiration - even if only to myself.



So. I'm keeping the name - Grey Shangri La - and the general format, but I'
m going to include some new items. A friend of mine blogs about her time volunteering. I'm going to include my volunteer time, photos of the silliness pervading the nearest space/time continuum, and encouraging quotes from people smarter (or at least more famous) than I am, as well as the usual poetry, reviews of movies, new crafts I've recently completed, recipes, observations, discussions about books and other mystical creations, as well as anything anyone would like to talk about. I need an outlet again, I guess is the point. So thank you, wander-bloggers, whoever you are.



"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
~ Leonardo da Vinci